TALIA GOETTING, ESQ.
Talia Goetting graduated from Michigan State University, Magna Cum Laude, in 1996 and was awarded a full-merit scholarship from Michigan State College of Law in 2000. While at the College of Law, she was selected to be part of the elite Fieger Trial Practice Institute. In 2004, she earned her Juris Doctor degree with honors and received a certificate from the Trial Practice Institute. During law school, Talia worked for the Attorney General for the State of Michigan as a research and legislative assistant, helped . Upon graduation, she continued working for the Attorney General’s office as an Assistant Attorney General. Eventually she branched out into the private sector where she concentrated on Adoption and Family law. Not only is Talia an experienced practitioner in these areas, but she is also adopted and the mother of an internationally adopted child. As a result, she has not only the education and experience in these matters, but understands the emotional and psychological impact the processes can have on family.
Talia is the 2010 recipient of the Spirit Award for her outstanding pro bono work from the Legal Aide and Defenders Association of Michigan and continues to volunteer with the Legal Aide and Defender Association in Macomb County. She is also a member of the Macomb and Oakland County Bar Associations.
- Bachelor's of Science in Psychology with Honors - Michigan State University
- Associates in Computer Information Systems with Honors - University of Southern Indiana
- Juris Doctorate with Honors - Michigan State University College of Law
- United States District Court- Eastern District
- Former Assistant Attorney General
- Member of the State of Michigan Adoption Forms Committee
- 10 years as an Adoption Law Attorney
- 10 years as a Family Law Attorney