GC (6)

Are you in need of professional legal help ?

Where paternity of a child is in issue, any party in interest, the mother, the father, or the child, can ask the court for a determination. That means a lawsuit can be brought by a private party or by the state. A private action for paternity is usually brought by the mother in order to get support. The state will bring an action through a prosecutor’s office when the mother applies for public assistance in order for the state to be reimbursed for the aid given.

Frequently Asked Questions